Monday, January 17, 2011

Watchlist for the week of January 18th, 2011

It's nice to have a forced day of holiday once in a while! And although today is not a holiday in Canada, it was nice to sleep in an extra couple of hours before going to work!

Anyway, the markets seem unstopable these days, and I think we continue higher for at least another week or more. As I am writing this, Nasdaq futures are down most likely because of Steve Jobs' medical leave, but I suspect tomorrow will be a good buying opportunity in AAPL. I'm sure a lot of fund managers would be more than happy to get into AAPL at a discount. But be careful, as AAPL reports earnings tomorrow after market close.  Anyway, here are a few stocks I'm watching for next week:

KWK is forming an ascending trinagle on a long-term weekly chart, and it looks great on the daily as well, inside a flag pattern. Notice the decreasing volume inside the flag on the weekly chart, with increasing volume in the last 2 weeks, which could be an early sign of a move to come:




ASTM is another favorite for this week: it's forming a beautiful flag, and when ASTM breaks out, this thing can really get going. I'm long already 1/2 size and I'll add another 1/2 size on the actual breakout of 3.28, and my target is around 4.40, with as stop below the flag low ~2.90.



Other than KWK and ASTM, I'm also watching for possible breakouts:
ACOM, ALKS, AVNW, EQIX, GPRE, HCBK, JOE, KCG, KWK, LEAP, NE, RAS, ROIAK, SD
 
Good luck this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment